Thirsk Hall Farms has been in the Bell family for over 300 years. At times some of the farm has been tenanted by other local families, but the Bells have always farmed the land as well.
The Bell family has lived in and around Thirsk since the 15th century. Upon the completion of Thirsk Hall in 1723, the family moved from Sowerby into the Hall - and they still reside there today.
Although Thirsk Hall was completed in 1723, it is known for the extensions which were made later to the property by the prolific English architect, John Carr.
Today the farm is managed by John Bell, his daughter Lettice and her husband Will.
(Scooter, the family's Jack Russell, is also a key player in the running of the farm...obviously!)